Chiang Mai- Day 6- Ibis Nimman & Airport Mall

So it's finally my final day in Chiang Mai! 
Here are some pictures of Ibis Nimman Journeyhub Chiang Mai where I stayed from Thursday to Monday night, and checked out on Tuesday morning.

Main thoroughfare on Floor 3. Quite clean. 

The gym - I didn't use as I was tired from the hike. ). It was clean.

Swimming pool. Didn't use either as I didn't bring my swimmers. But good to know. 

The carpark. Next to it is the Novotel Journeyhub. Both hotels are under the same management. Its quite darkly lit at night, so I didn't walk through the parking lot. 

view from my hotel room .. 

So I tried to order a Bolt for a ride to the Airport Mall, but then I realised I couldn't get any small change. So in the end, I used Grab as it was linked to a payment card, though it cost more.

I left my luggage at a stowaway room near the entrance of one side of the Airport Mall, and paid a fee. Can't remember how much at this stage, but it was cheap as chips. 

the mall has a Foodcourt on the ground floor, with lots of cheap foods, and drinks. 
Of course, I couldn't resist another massage. This time, I ordered a 90 foot massage. 

Again, I had to instruct the therapist that I preferred a firmer massage as opposed to relaxed massage. 

I had enough time after the massage to get some snacks, and a drink.  Then went over to the waiting spot to catch the complimentary airport shuttle. 

i realised that in chiang Mai, all the shuttles use the same kind of vehicle as the songthaews. 

It's just a big van like vehicle, with two long rows of seats, one to each side, and you had to hold on to dear life, as this one doesn't have a door at the entrance to the back 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I didn't have to pay for the experience, but I think I still prefer sitting in a car with proper seats and seatbelts. 

In all, I enjoyed being on my own in Chiang Mai, and doing as I pleased. However, the heat was unbearable, despite what the websites said about 'winter' in Chiang Mai. 

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. I concur. 

Comments

Popular Posts