3rd day of School.

Velex has been *promoted* to the 5 year old class! Argh. I dunno if it was done in good intentions, by his mom. I obviously don't agree with the mum's decision on that. The mom spoke to me after class, stating that she didn't want the kid to be in the same class as he was last year.
I must have look really *distressed* coz she told me not to look so worried & that he was going to cope in that class. But I seriously don't think he could cope in that class. Sure, he's normalised and all. Still....I don't think he is developmentally ready for 5 year old work at any point of time. He's such a little dottie!
Anyway, he's got Jin Dong for company, worst comes to worst. I didn't like it at all when Jin Dong's mom asked for her to go up to the class as well!! She's just as bad as she's much more younger than Velex, although bigger in size.

***Hmmmph!***

But I'm gonna *miss* the kid.
Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah. I'm going to cry already..Wah Wah Wah Wah...
Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah

She decided to change the topic by saying I lost weight and got fairer during the holidays. Yeah Right.

Today, an African Muslim kid came to class. 3 1/2 yr old. She was quite Big Sized for her age. Something like Loke Yang. Her hair was......afro style. It's probably the first time I've been acquainted to Afro hair in a long time. *lolz*. She was crying and crying for so long in the morning, and then by mid morning, she stopped. I feel that her mom shouldn't have just left her alone and at least stay a little to have observed. I don't think that it was very responsible of the parents to not help her get acquainted with the school environment. She after all, is not even 3 yet, and her first day of school! How irresponsible!

The parents stayed out of the classroom today. But some of them still remained to outside to stay watch.

The children played playdough and some of the dramatic kitchen play materials for about half an hour or so, before going up the hall to watch some tv. The tv couldn't catch their attention as much as the playdough, it seems. We sang some songs, and after which, had our break time.

Then after, we had another circle time, and sang Ants on the Apple, and I signed with them the letters, A, B, C and D. Can't do too many in one session!

I only realized that after the children came into circle time, they begin to realise that they could have some fun. The Afro girl, Line, was holding the other boy's hand, after which she started running around the class! Horrors!
3 of them started to run around madly aroun the class. One extremely hyper kid knocked into almost every one else.
However, the children seem to have settled down by the time they went out into the garden. They really seem to enjoy looking and feeding the rabbits, and also looking for grass, leaves to feed the rabbits.
Not soon after, it was almost time to go home. What a long day!
Tomorrow, we're gonna start on lesson proper. Hopefully everything turns out well, as I'll have to prepare lesson plans today.

Come to think of it, I think Play groups are good, where mothers/fathers take their kids to get acquainted with other kids. They have such sessions in UK (from the books I have read that is). The toddlers play with one another and the mother/father just watches. Unfortunately, the parents in Malaysia are more worried about working than the needs of the child. Companies here don't even give leave to the fathers when their kids are born. Do u know how stressful it is for the mother when the child is first born? Sleepless nights of breastfeeding, baby crying in the middle of the night, dark circles and all that.

Since we're on this topic, I'd like to touch on the topic of mothers.
Mothers are like, the most essential person in every child's life. Women may not be given as much rights as the Man in the past and in future. Yet, it is the mother that influences the life and future of the child. But both father and mother play essential but different roles in the family. The relationship a child has with his/her parent, would affect the way they choose their friends, lovers, acquaitances around them.

However, no mother will ever harm her own child to spite another person, or even her husband. A child who doesn't have a healthy relationship with her/his mom, may be scarred emotionally in life when she grows up. That is my belief so..(apart from abuse cases, sexual molestation and all that jazz).

I have always complained to my dad why my mother is always so emotionally cold towards me. (or towards anyone else for that matter). Yet, each time, my father defends her, stating that it is the way she is brought up. If it weren't for my father, I don't think I would have had a normal happy teenagehood (not childhood, if u get what I'm trying to say). I always hoped beyond hope that my mother had the best intentions for me when I was growing up, but in spite of this, I still find it hard to believe it from the way she treated me all these years.

I tell myself that I will not treat my children the same way and I vow to have a totally different relationship with them than that I had with my parents.

Comments

Popular Posts