A believer's water baptism.

Just came back from Honey Star with the Connections group. I will post up the pictures of the birthday people.

Anyway, I will be getting water baptised today at the pool in Templer's Park.
This is actually my second time doing it after ten years. But does it mean anything?

Water baptism is immersion in a pool of water, whether at a park, the sea, or even in the swimming pool. To do it is a commandment to believers to do so. It signifies to others of the public confession and declaration of a believer's faith in Christ. It is also a step of faith that is taken by believers. Signifying the crucifying of death to self.

Yet, many people still hesitate about doing it. (partly due to the fact that they may be not willing to publicly declare it...or make the commitment. It could be also some other mental factor or barrier that is stopping them from doing it. Only they would know, but that is not for me to judge).

Even Jesus himself was water baptised by John the Baptist. If Jesus himself did it, who are we to forgo this beautiful act of water baptism?

When the church said that it was going to have its water baptism a few weeks ago, I didn't think about it.
But as the days approached, and on Friday, somethng pricked my heart, and I was thinking about it.
When the pastor mentioned whilst praying that those who have the faith to retake their water baptism to do so, I just said yes!

Now, you have to know that I don't actually have to do it again, but I wanted to, coz the first time I did it , ...*well*...I was much younger, and it was just something I did coz I was supposed to.

Well, after what I have been through this year, I told myself that perhaps it is time to do it again.
It is time to do this again. Being water baptised with the understanding of what it means.

When I told the CG people, they sounded pretty *excited* for me..haha. Some of them wanted to come and witness it, but, to begin with, they didn't know where Templer's Park was. Oh well, as long as you had the heart to.

*************************************************************************************

John 3:5: Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

At Templer's Park this afternoon..







before the immersion...






As Christ himself was baptised in water, let your act of faith show others of your faith in Christ.
May your sins be washed away, and let your old self die with Christ in the water, and Rise Up to a new life in Christ!













Amen!

Comments

multidimid said…
You were born with a built-in recognition of your own goodness. You were born with an inner recognition of your rightness in the universe....You are a cooperative species and a loving one

You do not have to take upon yourselves definite rituals. You have only to look within yourself for the source of exaltation, creativity and song....

You were born into a state of grace. It is impossible for you to leave it. You will die in a state of grace whether or not special words are spoken for you, or water or oil is poured upon your head or you need to place joss sticks for your ancestors.

You share this blessing with the animals and all other living things. You cannot fall out of grace, nor can it be taken from you.

You can ignore it. You can hold beliefs that blind you to its existence. You will still be graced but unable to perceive your own uniqueness and integrity, and blind also to other attributes with which you are automatically gifted.
CheaYee said…
Thanks.
However....

It not a ritual.
It is something I have decided to do out of faith. And the second time around.

It is not a ritual.
Yet to the many who have been called to do it, yet only a chosen number will do it.

But it in Christ that I have found my calling.
My true love.
My uniqueness.
My grace.
Christ changes me inside out.
He completes me in the way no one can.

He has called me to Him and my heart hears Him.
I have chosen to obey.
:-)

Popular Posts