A wise man overlooks an insult.

Proverbs 12:16: A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent and wise man overlooks an insult.

Proverbs 17:19-10: He who covers an offence promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool.


I was driving back on Tuesday afternoon when this truth was brought home to me. When I say insult, I mean for example, when a driver is driving his car, and the person can see the signs made by some other driver in another car.

Yes, I was almost pissed off by watching some people drive & the signs they made. But I tried to take it *coolly*

This also applies when a salesperson is trying to sell you a product and deems you a loser or someone who is not goal-driven when you do not purchase the product. Bad move, Audrey!

Why did I think of it? The verse just came to my mind as I was preparing my lunch earlier. I rarely read the book of Proverbs, but sometimes the word just comes to me....and the Word (Logos) just became Rhema.
You know what? I felt much more at peace after that.

I brought this up with my administrator this afternoon. (27/7). And she said that was an *immensely* wise proverb! Having lived through it, I realised the wisdom of it.

How many times have we been offended by what someone else had said, and we get all pissed and angry with hatred, whilst the other person probably didn't even realise it at all. I know that happened with my case of JK.It took me a while to forgive him over some petty issue, but I am glad that it is over....

When we let our anger get a hold of our emotions, we get angry and say things which we may regret later. I have done that many many times...and I tell you, when that happens, it is not easy to take back the words that you have said.

Even harder is to apologise to the other party.

So, seriously, if it is something petty, try to control your anger and cool down before making decisions. You will be glad you let yourself cool down.

Comments

Popular Posts