Your sons shall prophesy, and old men dream dreams.

I was reading some chapters in the Old Testament yesterday and I came upon some verses that reminded me of a conversation I had with my dad last week.

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: Joel 2:28

And I will cause wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below-- blood and fire and clouds of smoke. The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon will turn bloodred, before that great and glorious day of the Lord arrives. And anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. (Acts 2:19-21)

But seeing visions in bright day light?

..........

........

.........

........

I was on my way to prayer meet last Friday when I asked my dad this question.

Did he ever had a vision from God?

I really was curious, as I had never once in all my life actually asked him this question.

Well.....

He said yes!

My dad told me he actually had a vision from God about the time I was still in elementary school.

He said it was about 4-5 years after he had accepted Christ and was driving. (I don't know where the locations were.....coz he got me so confused, but he said something about near where my grandmother used to live).

He said he saw a flight of golden stairs going up the sky.....like the one that Jacob saw in his dreams... *woah*. It was for almost less than 15 seconds, and then it disappeared. It was *that* brief.

There were no angels.

There were no cherubims.

There was no bright light shining down from heaven.

The heavens did not break forth with *singing* and no angels were dancing

But there was a flight of stairs.

I was pretty surprised when I heard it. My dad said that was the only time he had ever had a vision in his entire years after having accepted Christ. He had never told me this ALL these years!

*Hmmmmph!!*

My mom said that only those who are close to God will He reveal His visions.

I do not agree.

I think that God only gives visions to those He wants to show them a vision of Himself, or those who seeks it. Or, mostly to those who are seeking for an answer.

Sometimes God chooses the ones who dont even seek for a vision, but is a result of many prayers by the loved ones of the said person.

But one thing I agree. If God gives you a vision, you would never forget it till the day you die.

This was so for Joseph. He was hated by his brothers for his dreams!

************************************************************************************* Ok. I am worried. I am really worried.

I am worried that he will die.

When I hear these news of people who die in earthquakes, or tall buildings shaking, panic just strikes me.

I try not to get paranoid, nor show it.

But I do.

I just dont like to feel so worried.

But I am.

I really am. I don't want to worry about him. It is not my place to think of such things.

I care a lot that I worry too much sometimes!

Comments

Popular Posts