Another Jonah Day.

I had a short fuse today at work. In fact I was short fuse the entire morning.You can say that I am not writing in my reports today. I totally didn't like the way LY presented her lesson. It is her lesson. Not mine.

It really is not the children's fault if they did something wrong. How can a teacher scold a child if the teacher didn't explain beforehand?

Children are not stupid. They are smart. They are observant. They notice things that we think they might not.
They even observe things that we didn't see.

Cheng Wei observed the Toyota logo on the sports car before I did!
He notices the "hwai che" (spoilt car that I didn't notice). He notices the Mr. Bean car on the roads that doesn't even come into my field of vision. They have the sensitive period for observing small objects.

Everyday in the classroom, something new happens.

A new discovery. A new challenge. A new experience to go through. There is never one day in class where the same thing happens for the 10 months the children are in school. Learning is not just limited to studying the 3 Rs. Learning should be fun as well. If learning is so boring from preschool onwards, I would probably lose my enthusiasm for it by the time I reached high school!

*Feels like giving her a tight slap!!*.

Comments

Silverfox said…
Quote:
*Feels like giving Lilian a tight slap!!*

"A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident. He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated." Proverbs 14:16-17
CheaYee said…
Yes..yes. we know that.

Not easy lar.

I was quoting that to Jess just last week. How easily we forget the lessons that we learnt, if we journal them not down.

I had to ask my friends to pray for grace and patience to be upon me after the episode today...*sigh*..

As long as we learn from it lar...
Silverfox said…
You're not the only one, CY. We all are guilty of feeling that way too when faced with the situation. I carry this particular Proverbs with me everyday, and yet there are times when my patience has been extremely tested.

You might want to emind your colleague these little passages:

Mat 19:13-15 Then little children were brought to Him, that He should put His hands on them and pray. And the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, Allow the little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of Heaven. And He laid His hands on them, and departed from there.

Don't shut her out, for that is not the way Christ would do.

Popular Posts