Reading between the lines.

Last weekend, I visited Under Water World. The group that went consisted of students from the university.

Anyway, I was having this random conversation with Alan and the group, and he noticed something. It was too funny.

Do you know how it is like when you are there and telling a story to a person, and all of a sudden, in the middle of a social group interaction, you can just watch their eyes almost immediately just "light up" with understanding....?

Of course, he had this almost really cheeky smile which unfortunately, or fortunately the rest did not seem to have noticed. That would have exactly given the game away. I knew what he was thinking almost immediately at that very moment. So much so that I had to break eye contact...but I definitely knew that I was in trouble! Obviously I pressed him on it much later when the group had scattered. You know that you can't do anything about it, unless you tried to "bluff" your way out of it. Which was showing so blatantly on my face!

I knew that he knew what I knew.

When I mentioned what happened to another friend, she was almost just as surprised that he could actually "realise" it. It was just TOO funny. She, meanwhile, had heard something he had vaguely mentioned, and putting 1 + 1 together, came up with the same conclusion! So there. There are 3 of us who happen to know the same thing without actually mentioning it. Ha ha ha.

Comments

Popular Posts