Iron sharpens Iron.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens the wits of another".
Proverbs 27:17
I went over for a sleep-over at a friend's house, H, on Friday night. It was pretty much long overdue, in the sense that I was expecting it to be much later. However, then I realised that I couldn't wait too long, as she was leaving Uni at the end of the year.

She was going through a period of transition, and so was I. In a sense, we were both going through a similar trying period of transition, but each handling it in our own manner.

Isn't it strange that when you have spent enough time with a person, you can more or less figure out what is on their minds, without actually mentioning it? (Of course, this may not necessarily hit the nail on the head all the time, and may not work each time either.)

I was actually discussing this with another acquaintance who had caught on to the entire situation but had kept silent all this while. I figured H would have caught on to it by then.

And yes, I was right all along.
In fact, she was the first person to have caught on to what I was going on without my mentioning it.

That very first time. She knew she was in trouble then.

I had also caught on to it, yet could not very well clarify it either.
Yet neither of us mentioned it.

By then, I thought it was wiser we each kept to our space.
Which we did eventually.

The call came much earlier than I expected.

I knew it was time to answer it.
It was time for reckoning.

Comments

Popular Posts