Passion is the key ingredient.

You know, I never did listened much to Lee Hom in the past few years because I didn't like his image. It was just getting too weird for me. But I think he's going back to "normal". If you know what I mean.

There are these interviews on YouTube that I watched Lee Hom hosting (with the cast of Catch Me If You Can), and one of things I picked up indirectly was that he admitted he had a bit of problems with interpersonal skills...so music is one of the avenues where he didn't have to fully "interact" on a one-to-one basis unless he was hosting a show! His songs are probably all right, but since my Mandarin sucks, I barely did listen to them. If he releases an English album, I'd probably check it out then.

I must say, apart from his lack of his interpersonal skills, I must say that I give him credit and respect (where it's due) for sticking out to do what he has "passion" for.

As Elle Woods the valedictorian from Legally Blonde I quote,

On our very first day at Harvard…a very wise professor quoted Aristotle, ‘The law is reason free from passion.’ Well, no offense to Aristotle…but in my three years at Harvard…

I have come to find that passion is a key ingredient to the study and practice of law and of life.

It is with passion, courage of conviction, and strong sense of self that we take our next steps into the world. Remembering that first impressions are not always correct, you must always have faith in people and most importantly.

You must always have faith in yourself…


Lee Hom is definitely lucky that he has supportive family members, and that his first two years of college was just that. Not needing to choose a major yet.

Digressing from that, I think I like having a Korean housemate. It adds a bit of spice and diversity to a household consisting mainly of just Hongkies (and speaking in Cantonese) and Norraine and Miriam will be back next semester.

So there!

Comments

Popular Posts