Parents finally here in Sydney!

Yes, as you can see, they have safely landed in the land Down Under this morning. A smooth & safe journey it was. Even customs was quiet I heard, and their normal routine examinations was not as stringent.

I have been sick for a week, so I did not work last week, nor this, as I am heading over to Melbourne on Wednesday morning. Can't wait to meet up with the rest of my kin and friends who are already there.

As I had actually booked my parents to stay in a particular hotel near my flat, and even wanted to pay for their accomodations, early this morning, I went to the said hotel. But surprise, surprise, the staff of the hotel said that they were not open till 12pm, for payments or check-ins of any kind.

My parents arrived about 11ish. We knocked on the door, and eventhough there were some staff walking around in the hotel, and the lights and television in the dining area was turned to full blast, the knocking on the door was ignored.

Furious, my dad went on to look for another place... and that is what they did. I was just really surprised at why the staff couldn't give a bit of leeway, being that they could have at least allowed my parents to just put their luggage in the dining area, and let me check their names in. But instead, we were totally ignored...

My rationale to that is probably that these guys were probably just paid staff, and weren't thinking about customer loss. Why would they? They don't have to worry about breaking even, or if they have to pay the salary & bills at the end of the month. So yes, they lost the guests to another hotel.

Imagine how would a traveller feel, say after about about ten hours of travelling, or more, and have no place to park their luggage. They are almost, if not, dead tired and just want to put their luggage somewhere and clean their face... Oh well, their loss.

Comments

Popular Posts