Malaysia Culture Shock: Part II

After being away from my homeland for about two years, upon my return in the last two weeks, I realised that my perspective of things have changed (at least to the things I did not discern in the past) ....

I have found that a lot of the people I have met up tend to talk too much.. .. and that I don't feel like talking at all..... Fact is, after having met up with about 3 persons (in separate occasions, that is), i realised that I am like a jakun. In other words, like a "person out of the bush" (australian joke).. I am more interested in looking at the changes in KL than talking to the person I am meeting..

In most times, the person i am meeting dont actually realise that is what is happening, (and might be wondering why am I ignoring her). .. so i guess i have to take precautions first.. (Like arrive in the place early and take a walk before meeting up with that person, lest I will be distracted. LOL).

Furthermore because I have worked & lived in Australia for a while, as well as done my shopping in Seoul for about a month, my mind automatically switches to being more interested in doing calculations in comparison to my previous shopping & financial experiences... LOL...

I think I will have to meet my friends slowly at a time, after I have adapted back to Malaysian life. It is so weird... The difficulty was so much that I decided to avoid meeting my previous group members from Young Adults lest they were to ask too many questions!

Anyways, today I met up with Brian, a friend from uni/ church. We headed to One Utama, and had a drink at Coffee Bean, whilst going on a Korean cosmetic shops hunt... and found many... Etude House, Skin Food, Face Shop, and Misscha.

Do you know that in Malaysia, Starbucks & Coffee Bean are very popular coffee places, whereas Gloria Jeans is not? However, it is the reverse in Australia. Most people opt for Gloria Jean (mostly because it is an Australian brand!), and Coffee Bean doesn't even exist there!! Coffee Bean, and Dunkin Donuts does exist in abundance in South Korea though. ^^

Comments

Popular Posts