Strategy: Handling people who talk non-stop.

If there is one strategy I have learnt during my traverse overseas, and on my return, it is learning how to handle people who talk non-stop.....

Want to know what it is?

Are you sure you don't want to??

LOL... Well, regardless...this entry is about it...so here it comes!

The strategy is:
If the person talks non-stop, the best way to handle them is give a head nod, nodding and bending your head down about 30 degrees, keep mum, and look to one side. This act by itself will indirectly indicate to the speaker that you have heard them, and did not ignore them, but just did not want to say anything, or did not want to talk.

In some cases, the person speaking will most likely not expect a reply in return, or the "long winded" conversation will cease and they may change the subject to something else.


It has worked many times for me, and now I use it a lot. Try it, and tell me if it works or not. I know, at least that it has worked for me ^^

Comments

Popular Posts