Japan: Yusentei Garden @ Fukuoka City.

I arrived in Kyushu by ferry on a Friday evening. My Kyushu native friend, Haruna, whom I had met in New Zealand whilst on Kiwi Experience in North Island, picked me up from the seaport. Japanese customs are *VERY VERY* strict on allowing Malaysians entering the country. I had lost about 100,000 (AUD100) won that very day, and my notebook, so all my information was gone!!

Fortunately, the immigration officer noticed that my visa was issued in Sydney, Australia. It was that "little information" that prompted her to allow me to enter Japan. What a relief!

Not to mention that my phone was running out of battery in cold winter temperature. If you were wondering, yes, the phone battery does not last very long in winter temperature, especially harsh Korean winters. Although it was much warmer down south in Busan, and Kyushu, my phone did not last very long after that.

My Australian Pre-Paid Optus had no coverage in Japan either, although I heard that Post-Paid/Contract Optus accounts do run in South Korea though. Oh Well.

The next day after a quiet Friday night in, Haruna drove us around me around in the morning to look for a laundromat.. It seems that South Korea did not have coin-operated laundromats around. Had to carry dirty laundry all over Gyeong-Ju & Busan!! *Scary*

It was such a relief to be able to see something familiar again. Not cheap to wash your clothes, but whatever! Clean Clothes matter!


The simple but yummy okonomiyaki dinner that Haruna prepared on Friday..


Coin-operated laundromats.. not found in South Korea..


Up close. The machines operates 10 minutes for Y100. (about RM5.00)

Yusentei Garden- The garden remembered for its association with Kuroda clan of Chikuzen. The nearest garden to where Haruna was living at.
Admission: Y200 (Adults) (RM10.00)
20% Discount with presentation of Fukuoka Welcome Card Guide Book. (Y160).

 
 Pretty Japanese bridesmaids...


Behind the scenes.. its freezing cold with everyone in their shawls!


It was *cold*!!


The black & white bride & bridegroom.


Much later... after a change of clothing..


Carp swimming happily.


A view of the Yusentei Garden house beside the lake...

Comments

Popular Posts