No Way But Forward

As I was spring cleaning my room this morning, I found my diary from 2003-2005.
In it are many anecdotes of the years past, and I was laughing out at the things I wrote and remarking how crazy the things we did when we were younger.

However slipped between one of the pages was a note dated 4th June 2005. The note was titled 'Waiting
For God's Best'.

It's been 6 years since I read that note.

Perhaps it's time for me to find a life partner. Really, that is an understatement since almost everyone I know my age is almost already married, and some in the process of having their second kid.

This is an excerpt from the note:
'But to His child, the Lord says: ' No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, and content either being loved by Me; with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me to have an intensely personal relationship with Me alone, discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found.
Only then will you be capable of the most perfect relationship that I have planned for you. 'I want you to stop planning, stop wishing and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing.. One that you cannot imagine (Proverbs 3: 5-6).

And then, when I know you are ready, I'll surprise you with a love far more wonderful than any you could dream of. You see, I'm working at this moment to have you both ready at the same time. Until you are satisfied exclusively with Me, and the life I've given you'd you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me.

Dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love, I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me, and to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you with Myself. Know that love you utterly. Be satisfied in Me. Author Unknown.
For me, that was and is the path I had chosen to walk. For a time, I was tempted to forgo Australia, but the Lord had other plans for me.

Staying two years in Australia was not what I had planned initially. Applying for a migration visa to Australia was another. Travelling around Korea, and studying the language still was another, much less attending a korean church now.

We can never know the good things that the Lord has in plan for us, and what seemed like disaster actually turned out for the better.

Returning to Malaysia this time around was another as I had not planned to do so, but instead was panicking when my documentation started to have issues.
When it's the Lord's doing, He just opens all the doors that everything turns out smoothly. All at the same time.

Sometimes I think the Lord has a funny sense of humour in the way He works things out.
With everything finally falling into place, I somehow seem to get the notion that the Lord has finally decided it is time. When the inevitable comes, as much as I would like to be, I would find difficulty staying single even if I still wanted to be.














Comments

Popular Posts