So I'm in Melbourne now!

It was an interesting 10.5 hour journey on the train. There weren't that many people on the overnighter train, mostly a handful.

I had checked in my luggage about four hours before the departure time, and then headed to the city area.

Initially I had made some plans to a friend's place to make dinner, but ended up eating out with some other mates instead. LOL...

On inspection of our train tickets, the ticket collector changed my seat number to another unoccupied seat. I believe this was an unofficial common practice for night travellers.

About 11ish. onwards, the lights were turned off, and continued to stay off until the last leg of our journey. Hence, most passengers just slept through the journey.

Around an hour before we reached Melbourne, there was a wake up call given and the lights were turned on. Information was given about the buffet offering in the buffet carriage.

Apparently concessions are given to most ground transportation, in possession of concession cards. That is not the case with airline tickets.

Having to choose between flying and train, I decided to give the latter a go, as it was my first time on a long distance train journey. Leaving in the evening and arriving early in Southern Cross in the CBD area without having to take a transfer bus sounded like a better option, hence that was it...

Sent from my Nokia phone.

Comments

Popular Posts