Rambling and Reflections on my Management Studies.

Ok, so my brain is a bit burnt out now.

Well, almost, but I've a 900+ words remaining to cover in order to finish my report which is to be handed in this coming Saturday...

It does not seem like a lot of words, but when one's brain refuses to co-operate, even that looks like a lot.

This morning, the laundry machine was not working well. There was some problem with the water drainage. So I had to sit and baby sit the washing machine till I managed to get all my clothes washed and sorted out.

I was reading in my textbook that "leadership is both an art and a science." Art because it takes much hands-on practice, and self inner exploratory to develop the skills to be one. Science because there is a growing body of empirical research on what management skills it requires to effectively lead an organisation.

The first few weeks when I first started through the required readings, I only had probably superficial understanding of what constituted even management in the workplace.

When I started on the skeleton framework for my report last week, I only had limited understanding of what and how culture affects management. Yet again, this week, I realised that as I read more and reflected on the different kinds of management frameworks and models, I realised that my reflection assisted in  my understanding of the type of management structure was in place in my current work place.

When I read the other works on Contingency Models of management earlier today, my reflection on how my Supervisor handled the  management helped me to scrape off a bit more of that tip of that management iceberg.

Contingency Theories are a class of behavioural theories that states that there is no one way of managing an organisation that is effective in one way but not in another. As it says "contingent", the leadership style is contingent on the situational context, the type of subordinates/ followers/ employees, and the leadership style....

Ok, I am rambling now, but my brain is pretty much burnt out that I can really reflect any more, so I think I'll turn in for the night. Start again fresh tomorrow. 



Comments

Popular Posts