What If I had not gone to Australia?

I'm really wondering how many people even read blogs anymore. With the advent of Facebook, blogs are probably becoming redundant. Anyways, FB is a lot more secure as I know who my readers are.

I was just going through this blog from the last eight years ago. It has been that long. There were some questions I asked myself.

What would I do if the same question was posed to me six years later? What would I have done? Would I have changed my mind?

On the day that I asked God whether it was really His will for me to head to Australia was one of the hardest decisions that I had made. To trust God for his direction and provision.

There is a reason for certain things to happen.Perhaps it would have been for the better. I went overseas for the last 4.8 of the 6 years. What if I had not gone to Australia?

I would still be in Malaysia, and would not even have considered Australian permanency. True, I could still have completed my bachelors degree locally.

However I would not have had all this lovely experiences of working in Australia in the childcare centre and meeting all the lovely new people. I would also not have travelled on my own to New Zealand, South Korea, or even Japan.

I would also not have picked up the korean language, and met my wonderful eonni. Or even attend a korean church in Strathfield.

It probably just means that I would not have been able to lead such a rich and fulfilling life of living my life overseas.
 
I picked a different path. It still hurts when I look back and think about it. However, I had chosen this route. I believe He will lead me to a better place than where I have come from....


Because He Lives, I can face tomorrow

Because He lives, all fear is gone. 
Because I know, I know He holds the future, 
And Life is worth the living, Just because he lives.

Comments

Popular Posts