Day 2, 2nd June: Singapore

This morning I had a sleep in. Was really tired out from my early wake on Friday to catch the Aeroline bus.

Chinese & Japanese Gardens:
Had a lovely walk in the chinese garden. It is expansive, quiet and serene here. Very cooling and romantic. There are lights here, so I'm assuming those were for night walks.

I even met a caucasian couple from Melbourne. I could recognize from their accent. It was an interesting chat as they have a son married to a singaporean chinese lady, and we had extensive discussions about visas, citizenship, and culture.

My mate from USQ, Bryan met up with for the afternoon. We bought a can drink from a convenience store near the Chinese Gardens MRT. Turns out that A&W restaurants closed down in Singapore due to lack of patronage.

Jcube@ Jurong East:
For afternoon tea, we took a train back to Jurong East. We took a walk around Jcube and finally decided on Watami, a casual Japanese Restaurant. The food seemed affordable for the range it offered. We had Watami Egg Salad and a rice hot stone dish, 2 different types of desserts, including Matcha Tiramisu and fountain green tea. YUM. The meal came up to about 30 SGD. I am in love with their Matcha Tiramisu....

Bryan walked me back to the flats as I needed to get back in time to get ready to go out again.

Sushi Tei@ Raffles City.
For dinner, my ex house mate, Shuh Yong brought me to Sushi Tei, at City Hall. I ordered a Sukiyaki with Udon, and Shuh Yong ordered a tempura Ten Don. For dessert, I ordered peach ice cream, whilst she ordered matcha ice-cream. The meal came up to about 60SGD. Thanks for dinner, Shuh Yong!

After that, we took a trip around town on bus. One expensive lesson we took out of the trip, all the trains stop before 12am! Its either the Night Ride or taxis after that!

Comments

Popular Posts