Welcome to 2018

Today is the first day of the year 2018.

Sitting (surprise, surprise) at the Sports Bar in The Star, Sydney, I finally have the time to sit down to reflect and write a short note about this past year.

(Basically ignoring everything else, whilst waiting for Jess to come here and catch up with me).

This morning, I was busy cleaning down the house, and watering the garden as I will be away for the week. I couldn't be able to know if my plants will survive the impending heat of Melbourne's weather this week when I am away, but I pray my good houseminder, Elaine will be there to save the day!

2017 was a year when I tried my hand at starting many different business endeavours, from childcare and catering. It was mentally challenging, especially when I was in a tight financial situation almost all the time.

However, when I finally made the decision to put down the childcare, a job in Montessori teaching fell into my hands. I really felt it was the right thing to do, as I had not had to struggle to look for this position that I currently still am in.

With office politics abound, I felt as though God's hands were on me. It felt  like there was a hedge protecting me from getting involved in it.

In reflecting as a Montessori teacher working with preschoolers, I learnt many things about consequences. The  importance of choices we make, and how it could affect the life of another many years down the road.

How the choices that a parent makes could have an effect on their children many years to come, as they grow into adulthood.

How the bad habits that parents allow to  develop in their children, affect their success in their adulthood, which takes  even more years to undo its effects. What parents hold true, will take root, do and don't do, will pass down to their children.

As the Holy Scriptures say, train the child in the way he should go, and when they grow up, they will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6)

There are many things this year I wish I could have had, but they have yet to be achieved. I will never know if it will even come to pass, but I must not give up hope.

That I have a hope in a future that as I continue to serve my Lord, and my community, they will one day bear fruit.

Comments

Popular Posts