Eats: Rockpool Bar & Grill (Crown Melbourne)

I recently went  with some mates to Rockpool Bar and Grill at the Crown. Initially we were there to see if we could gain walk in entrance to the Conservatory, but , alas! 

That place was booked out! *hint*  Bookings are necessary!

In the end, we headed next door to the very expensive, high end Rockpool Grill instead. It was my first time in a such a fancy place in a very long time, so that was a nice treat.  :-)

To start, we ordered oysters for entree. .
Freshly Shucked Oysters with Mignonette Sauce. (above)
Sautéed Duck Liver and Pine Mushrooms on Soft Polenta with Grilled Chestnuts (below). 
Joselito Jamon Iberico, Trevelez Serrano Jamon, San Daniele Prosciutto,
Fratelli Galloni Prosciutto di Parma and Sopressa Milano with Pickled Vegetables 

This was one of the more salty cuts of cold cured meats. The pickled vegetables acts as a palette cleanser. The cured meat is salty, you know.

Grilled Coral Trout Fillet with Mussels and Lemongrass Butter

                        
               Spanner Crab, Cherry Tomatoes and Spicy Prawn Oil with Semolina Noodles.

This was my order of the semolina noodle pasta. I was not too impressed with my order, to be honest.

The noodles had a nice al dente texture and bite to it, however cherry tomatoes aren't my thing.

I like this moscato! Yummy!

Out of all the items on the menu, my favourite was actually the moscato..  It was a 2016 Vietti Cascinetta moscato d'asti.

Overall, a lovely lunch at a lovely place. The bill came up close to $500.. 

Would I come back? For that price, probably not for a while.

To my readers, can you guess which was the most expensive item on the menu?

Comments

Popular Posts