My cats in a Melbourne winter.

Moving to a house where you can't bring the cats indoors is an experience. Once the current owner moves out, she says it is possible then...

Anyways, it has been an interesting experience watching how the cats have adapted to the changes in the new environment. I used to live in a ginormous double storey house with cats as my only companions. But now the dynamics has changed moving into a smaller house with a lot more noise and more chatter..

The cats currently reside in the garage (so our cars are parked outside). So far they have explored the outdoors and they even know which room I sleep in...

I've brought along their cat toys, their cat bed, well,  basically all their worldly cat belongings.

To make their residence a little more comfortable, I've gone shopping at the local Bunnings in Hoppers Crossing.

To keep the cats from sleeping in an entirely dark room on their own, I've purchased the Click Nightguard Rechargeable Torch from Bunnings. It is a night light with motion detection features, that also comes with its own detachable torch.

The torch automatically emits a bright blue light when motion is detected. Otherwise, it is just a pale blue light on its base.


To be honest, even when they were sleeping at home in my old place, they used to stay in all day in the store room. Why they would do that is beyond me.

The last few days have been cold. To help keep the room warm and toasty, I've also bought a special heater fan to heat up the garage when the mercury drops. The Ironhorse 2000W Industrial Fan comes at a higher than average heater price of $49, but compared to the few and many heaters I have bought in the past, this seems to be a sturdy piece of equipment. It is also manufactured by Arlec.



So far, its usage seems to be sturdy. The box containing the heating coils does not get over heated when I pick the handle up. I even put my coffee cup on the flat surface whilst sitting next to it as it blows hot air through the room.

On Thursday, the weather seemed really windy. I've just spent the last half hour or so brushing their coat. Atlas sheds a lot for a short haired black cat.

It's so cold outdoors that the cats decided to stay in rather than have their normal nightly run outdoors. Normally they'd run to the door demanding to be let out, but today they were like, meh. 

 I've endeavoured to spend a little more time with them, being the trusty cat mother I am. Ah well, that's what happens in winter.

Comments

Popular Posts