April 2020: Covid19 Blog Update

Update on the World:
Currently, as I write this post, the entire world (yes, literally) is in the midst of a lockdown.

Practically all countries have been in lockdown starting from Chinese New Year 2020.

This all started with the first Covid Coronavirus case that started in Wuhan, just before the New Year.

It has spread steadily across the globe to Malaysia, Singapore and all the South East Asian countries. The worst hit countries counting now is Italy, France, and the United States of America..

The United States, God bless her heart, has had difficulty meandering through this time with unsteady leadership from President Trump. Though he has been elected to be the President, unfortunately Trump does not have the experience of leading people through a pandemic (having never been through one himself) and neither is he a trained medical person. As such... well, only the Lord knows where the United States is headed to at this time.

Update in Australia: 

Australia is also in lockdown since the begining of March 2020 but our cases have been declining, so thank the Lord Almighty that this what we  are going through.

The Prime Minister, Scott Morrison has implemented actions across all the states (thank the Lord for such a decisive leader, I love him!). As they say, without tough and decisive actions, the people will be meandering about.

This applies in leading both a country, a company, and a household. I am beginning to see the wisdom of tough and decisive action. Nevermind the repercussions. That can be sorted out later.

Update in my household: 

To keep my sanity during this time, I have kept myself occupied with various occupations around the house.

Piano: After having an extended hiatus of many years, I decided to start practising my base sight reading and playing techniques. Each practice session surprisngly takes up to one hour... *horrors!* Where did the time go??

When my playing is more fluid, I will do more recordings, ok??

Cooking: Hmm... well, let's just say that I am the designated cook at home. Since my housemate is a poorly trained cook (he couldn't even season the pork bone soup the other day *sweat* *sweat*), I take this as an opportunity to practise my cooking techniques.

Meanwhile, I am practising conscious healthy cooking and trying to reduce the number of carbs in our meals. I was failing a bit as I had sweet cravings, but increasing my own protein and fats intake has allowed me to reduce them immensely.

Professional Development: This too reminds me that I have professional development videos which I have to complete in order to keep my teacher registration current.

Fitness: I am attempting to make it a habit to walk at least 3,000 steps every evening. This is about a half hour walk at most. So far I have been able to do it at least every two days, or one day. Start slow, start slow...

Financially, I am able to support myself due to the generosity of the Australian Treasury.

Considering the amount of taxes we pay, this is payback time for most of us who have less work hours now. This allowance will be spent prudently (not that we have anywhere to go or spend) and used mostly on Ebay (purchasing things like ring lights, piano cables, and cat toys)... :-)

Comments

Popular Posts