Was that you, Lord?

There has been times in the past six months (and weeks) where I realised that the the hand of the Lord may have been working to protect or barrier in my life.

One I found out in hindsight through a conversation. The Lord had seemingly protected me from participating in a particular activity I had wanted to engage in at that point of time. However I lost interest in it, but had distinctly asked God, ‘was that you, Lord?’. 

I then shrugged my head and continued doing my own thing but still wondering what had happened.

Another time was a couple of weeks back that I wanted to engage in a socials event during the covid19 lockdown. I had awaited days for this virtual social (sounds cool during a lockdown, eh?) to take place. The weird thing was, the organisers didn’t send me the link nor replied to the emails I sent when I asked for a refund. 

I found that weird but had to inform my friends (who wanted to find out how it went) that I ended up not being able to participate as the organisers didn’t send me a link. ๐Ÿคจ

The third time an almost similar incident was the day I had made an appointment to meet this individual from an online app for breakfast. On the morning of the supposed appointment however, he came back to me half an hour before we were supposed to meet stating that he was sick in bed ๐Ÿ˜†.

So I conferred with an elder to ask of her experience with these sort of situations. She told me that many months ago before she met her husband, she had been keen on a man she was getting acquainted with. He had even asked her out for Valentine’s in an elevator but she didn’t hear about it (until later) as the door slammed on him ๐Ÿ˜†

She told me in hindsight, the Lord had closed the door on this relationship as she ended up meeting her to-be husband a few months later.. so, God does works in mysterious ways. 

Three times, I had agreed to participate in a social event on three different occasions. However none of them took place successfully. 

Perhaps it is time I put out a fleece upon the Lord just like Gideon did.

Comments

Popular Posts