Forgive Yourself and set yourself free



Some time last week, I was troubled in my mind by the prospect of my future, as well as by certain relationships I was maintaining. 

I asked the Lord for wisdom as I needed clarity.

He didn’t immediately speak to me in an audible voice, or with images popping up in my mind. 

However during a walk later in the week with a friend, the Holy Spirit by His wisdom, revealed some things that I had not yet discerned until then. 

I would have to say that sometimes you need to be careful with what you ask the Lord for. He will give you more than what you ask for. But then it’s because He knows you are able to manage it. 

To someone who had not gone through the experience that I did, they say that people are set in their ways. But in my spirit, I recognised the issue as it appeared in my mind.

During a zoom church service last night, Bro Sebastian had shared to the congretation a message of hope on forgiving our past selves, our guilt and sorrow over our past mistakes; 

Our self condemnation can stop us from being fruitful. It can stop us from walking into the destiny that the Lord had already prepared for us.

He shared that he was very much encouraged by my courage a few week ago in sharing my testimony of my own healing and dealing with my past. 

Indeed, he had taken the baton from me and run with it. 

There are many times that we are not aware of our own worth, but the Lord allows the healing and word of our testimony to bring His salvation and breakthrough into the life of others who are hurting. 

Brethren, I ask that you forgive yourself just as the Lord has forgiven us. Do not let the Enemy accuse you because of your past. Boldly walk into the freedom that the Lord has already seized for us at the Cross. 

For they overcame the enemy by the blood of the Lamb, and the word of their testimony, and they loved not their own lives.(Rev 12:11)

Comments

Popular Posts