My Father's Passing: The Journey Back.

 Today I finish my 7th Day in Home Quarantine in Kuala Lumpur...

Well, surprise, surprise.. why am I back in Malaysia?

On the 11th of January 2022, in my 42nd year of life, I joined the rest of the world's population who had someone close to them pass away in the second year of Covid19. 

My father passed away on the morning of 11th Jan 2022. I was working on the afternoon (I was in Melton on a workshift) and found out after I finished work that day that he had passed away that morning. 

This is the first post I have written since my father's death. 

Wednesday (12/01/22): 
It was a hard week for me as my passport had already expired. It was really by God's grace that I had someone who works within the Malaysian consulate putting my name in the register to be able to come in and extend my passport

I also had to apply for Home Quarantine. I attached my father's death certificate for an expedited emergency Home Quarantine application. 

On the same evening, I purchased my flight to Malaysia Airlines. 

Thursday: (13/01/22):

I spent the entire day going about just purchasing dry cat food, wet cat food, and Cat Mate litter. My housemate would look after them during the time away. 

His housemate's father had also passed away mid 2021, so he was still processing the death of his father six month later. 

I also told my housemate to not over feed the cats, and not to overly change the cat's litter as the shops didn't always stock the cat litter. 

Friday: (14/01/22): 

I spent the entire day just vacuuming, and cleaning the house. That's all I did. Printing out documents. Ensuring that the house was in order and trying to remove as much lint possible (due to my cats). 

At 4.30pm, I left for Tullamarine. A neighbour had offered to send me to the airport and look after my car when I was away. I told him too that there are thieves around the neigbhourhood, so to be mindful as my housemate's car plate had been stolen.

At the airport, I queued up and had my Rapid PCR test (which required a pre-booking) and cost me $79. There wasn't that many people at that time of the afternoon, which was good. 

To keep myself busy, I had dinner at Grill'd nearby. 

The Rapid PCR results came out in 2 hours. 

For the rest of the night, I kept myself busy by talking to my mates on Skype and just milling around. 


Today: 

As of today, I still haven't seen my father as I have been in Home Quarantine. I will remove my wrist tracker tomorrow, and then proceed to the wake service in the city.  






 






Comments

Popular Posts