Psalms 90:10 Three Score Years and Ten

 Psalms 90:10 KJV

The days of our years are three score years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be four score years, yet it is their strength and sorrow, for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. 


I find this passage applicable as I reflect on my own mortality and my father's recent passing. 

My father recently passed away one month shy of his 75th birthday. 

As I walked through the graveyard of where my father was to be buried, I had read the inscriptions on each of the tombstones that I walked past. Most of the people who passed away was at least a minimum of 70 years and older. 

As I reflect on my mortality, I realise too that I possibly could only have at minimum another 28 years to live before my health will really take a dive.  

Living to the age of 70 is a minimum, but anything past that till 80 years is a bonus dependent on the condition of my health and physical condition. 

Comments

Popular Posts