What’s a ‘Professional Businessman’?




So I found an old old book .. was going to throw it out but ended up deciding to just keep it anyways. 

It describes what is a ‘professional businessman’. 
Among its criteria, being not tied to any industry… starts companies, as well as running them. master of the techniques and methods of his profession. 

From just being a teacher in childcare, I’m now in telco, energy, even travel, and eventually digital services. 

Two months ago, decided to go into real estate. I am accredited to do property referrals in Melbourne and there are new projects coming up! 

Two weeks ago, whilst still in KL (and on unpaid childcare leave), I decided to register and launch an online business in web design and SEO solutions. 

I know nothing abt web design. I can try with Canva. 

But I know how to register a business name, how to apply for a bank account, do quality control, manage systems, network, do sales, network, and follow up.

I know how to do research, and use the online search engine. I can take a step back and analyse, and I know how to push people to have a sense of urgency when required. 

(I also have the ability to write well and do grammar check without Grammarly). 

Due to my knowledge from working with Telco services, and a recent incident with Malaysia Airlines, I was able to help my mother write a nice letter to Maxis when they were being nasty.

I also recently helped a blogger friend resolve a problem with AirAsia, a low budget airlines when they were being nasty too. 

My studies in real estate helped me greatly when speaking to a locally based strata management company.

They say that the Fortune lies in the follow up.

That’s really all you need. A goal, Strategies, consistency and the tenacity.

Comments

Popular Posts