I enrolled at Anytime Fitness as a member...

Today was the third day of my free pass at Anytime Fitness.

I decided to visit the branch at Pearl Point as it was the closest to the suburb where I am now residing. 

WHAT IS ANYTIME FITNESS?

If you are wondering, Anytime Fitness is a franchise of a 24-hour health and fitness club that started in America, and has branched out all over the world (like KFC) to countries like Australia, Singapore, and Malaysia. 

Anytime Fitness is an international branch, and if you join as a member of one club, you will have access to the other Anytime Fitness clubs in the same country and across the world. 

WHAT DID I DO?

On Tuesday after work, I made my way to the gym. 

I spent close to 1.5 hours lifting weights and working on the different machines.

Come Wednesday, 24 hours later, I didn't feel any soreness. 

Then Thursday turns up. 

OMFG.... 

48 hours later.. my body felt like it was hit by a ton of bricks. 

I could barely move my body and get out of bed. 

Anyways... I was going in later to work .. so I decided to sleep in a bit more. 

To make the story short, I made my way to Anytime Fitness towards mid-afternoon after doing my errands for the day. 

Today I spent less than an hour, maybe 45 minutes on the weights as the upper half of my forearm and shoulders were completely sore. 

Did I end up signing up for a membership at Anytime Fitness?

Yes. I chose the 6-month option. There is also a 12-month membership option. 

The last time I tried the gym, it was a 12-month membership at Aquapulse in Werribee, Victoria. 

Due to the many lockdowns in the past year, I ended up not being able to make full use of the facilities. Then in January, I had to make my way to my home country for my father's passing.

I think six months is a good option.

WHY DID I DECIDE TO JOIN?

1) I decided to join because I needed to create some sort of fitness routine for myself. 
I could have used the gym elsewhere for free, but as my mother pointed out, we take things that are free for granted. 

2) And also.... like every typical Asian mother, she does the fat-shaming thing. Joining a gym is inevitably buying time and space so I get her off my back. 

3) When I am at the fitness club, I have the freedom in my mind to reflect on the day and meditate on things in my mind. (Without people nagging). 

4) I can also check out other fitness clubs under the Anytime Fitness umbrella in other locations.. for the purpose of networking. 

5) lifting weights help strengthen my core muscles and reduces my visits to the chiropractor/tit tar man/ the masseur. 

6) Last but not least, the traffic jam in KL is horrendous. Finding a fitness club that is near enough helps you avoid precious time spend in the jam ... 

WHAT ARE THE JOINING FEES? 

So I know my readers have questions in their minds. 

Is there a Joining Fee? Yes, there IS a joining fee. The normal rate is RM160. 

There is also a Key Fob Fee. The normal rate is Rm190. There is no concession for this, as the same key fob can be used when travelling  overseas. 

There is also a monthly fee. Monthly fee is between Rm189-199 depending whether it is the 6 or 12 month option you choose. 

If you bring a member to sign up at the same time you are signing up, the consultant may offer you a better competitive member rate. Since I didn't bring anyone, I just paid the normal rate .

There are also different promotions running every month. You can call up to your local club to find out more.

There is no harm in asking for better rates 😉. The most the consultant will say is no, or they may give you depending on the time of the month.

Comments

Popular Posts