Negotiate your Gym Membership Rates.

Did you know you can negotiate the rates for your gym membership? 

In Australia, not many people haggle, but from articles I read, there are people who have done it.. so I did and asked for a discount from American Express (Australia), and even Energy and Gas rates.

Last weekend, although a bit late, I found out that membership rates at Anytime Fitness could be different from outlet to outlet. 

One of the ladies at the Ooh La La event mentioned how much she was paying for her membership fee at the Kota Damansara branch. 

The figure that she had mentioned was discounted by almost 35% less than what I was currently paying. (RM199 for a 6-month contract). She didn't really mention the conditions of how she signed up, and how she managed to get such a discounted rate (maybe it's a secret that she doesn't want to share). 

As it is, so coincidentally it is that one of the other attendees at our same table used to work for the gym company, Fitness First as a Marketing Director many eons ago. 

She very kindly told me what steps I should take to confirm the price... 

Hence the afternoon was filled with intention when I met my personal trainer for a training session today.  

I mentioned my observations and what I heard over the weekend, and how I was actually looking for another gym that would be more affordable in the long run... 

After my training session ended, the PT told me he will speak to the director and will contact me via text after he received an answer... 

A few hours later, he told me that the Director was willing to provide a concession on my current membership fee by about 21% from RM189 (current published rate for 12 month contract). 

Isn't it wonderful how having a short conversation and wonderful social skills can save you a lot of money in the long run?





Comments

Popular Posts