Decorating your home like a hotel?

R asked why don't I decorate my home like a hotel so I won't ever leave? 

Yes, you can furnish and decorate your home like a hotel and never leave. But it's not my home. It's my mother's house... 🤣

If I decorated my home like a hotel, I would probably end up inviting guests and having dinners every two weeks or so. 🤣

The whole point of going to a hotel to stay, is to grow your network. 

You need to have a different mindset when you invest into having a stay at a hotel. 

When you book a room to stay at a five star hotel to stay, like I did at Sofitel Damansara recently, I am there with intention. 

My intention is to get to speak to as many people I can, whether it be hotel staff or other guests. 

I am there to develop my networking skills, and get better at developing connections. 

My stay there also allows me to open my eyes to the services that people provide. People are nicer, the food and service is better. 

The staff at a hotel might not be the targeted crowd you are looking to know, but they know people and possess inside knowledge that could be of use to you. 

Speaking to other guests take you out of your comfort zone. Guests are always interested to find out why and how other people come to  stay at the same hotel they did, especially if it is an expensive one. 

You learn more when you talk to other people, and it becomes your arsenal of knowledge you can dig into sometime in the future when you need it. 

If you want to grow your network, you need to find the right place to be, and find the right kind of crowd. 

Read up on Neil Patel. His story is inspirational.

Comments

Popular Posts