My drink upgrade at A & W

18:31 hours:

My computer is giving me problems. Well, the one (outside in the "family hall" is.) It konks out about every half an hour or an hour and I have to restart...(but it's not as bad as the one in my room!).

Anyway, I was at this commercial pizzateria earlier with a friend, and the place has an afternoon menu, which includes a soda in their set meals. Since I was not feeling too well then, my friend ordered first.

I took my time going through the menu, and finally decided on a cappucino frappe.
Technically, the frappe is considered an a la carte order, which should be charged separately, about RM5 (whipped cream is charged an extra RM1).

When the bill came, surprisingly the frappe was charged as an upgrade from the soda (which is RM3.50), and it didn't include the extra charge of RM1 (for whipped cream)..

*Hmmmm*

We deduced it was because I ordered late, and if I had ordered earlier together, they probably would not have served the soda, but just only had given us the frappe (because it was supposed to be an UPGRADE?).
Then again, this is only possible in sit-down diners, as in places like McD's where it's ordered and paid straight at the counter, you can't do that. Ha ha ha ha...

(unless they make my friend puke the soda out, which I doubt they will...haha. Otherwise, if they insist, just pay the difference for the drink lor.)

20:46 hours:

I accidentally deleted an MP3 file off my bro's player, so I had to go around asking for the file. [before he starts making noise!] GrayFox has been kind enough to forward the files by MSN... and Irene (Connexions) has offered to upload it to her server. *Thanks!*

Right...Thank the Lord for *techie* people.....(who listen to MP3)...

Comments

Silverfox said…
Quote: Right...Thank the Lord for *techie* people.....(who listen to MP3)...


More like thanks to the people who rip MP3s from commercial CDs and distributing them freely over the Net, wreaking the livelihood of the music artistes. Amen for pirates :)
CheaYee said…
helllo......
dannie chOOng said…
Hey Chea Yee... like your blog very much... got music summore when log in ! either you very canggih or i like frog under coconut shell...
Silverfox said…
hello back to you :)
CheaYee said…
ok, i enabled comment moderation, but i left it blank....(without my email), so whomever who wrote comments, their mails couldn't reach me to be Approved..

*sigh*

thank for pointing this out to me though.....
dannie chOOng said…
Hey Chea Yee... like what you did to your blog... very creative... summore got music when log in...
Silverfox said…
And now the BakChee blog has bounced back from a deep slumber of inactivity. All hail the BakChee queen for disabling the moderation. Yay! :D
CheaYee said…
yup yup. the one who sings in the shower. sends mad Voice SmS to people half asleep... to their email accounts....

Eh, u sure u don't want my autograph ah???

very valuable in future u know??
Silverfox said…
I shudder at the thought coming by your house when you start singing in the shower. It magnifies your voice by a hundredfold... *shudder shudder*

So if I should take your autograph, you'd spare me the ordeal?
CheaYee said…
well, i bet u can sell my autograph when I win Malaysian Idol! Hah!

Popular Posts