Faith is?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.

Now, even when I sit in for service on Sunday, I don't actually pay attention all the time...I fiddle a lot, and I am not the type who can sit still and listen to a sermon/lecture/ (or any one other than me) talk for an hour (regardless of whether it is in college or at church).

I was fiddling through the bible rather than paying attention. The preacher was talking about Mary's faith when the angel spoke to her...(which I totally felt had no connection with me in anyway...)
Yes, I was kind of sulking after my loss of the camera.

So, I was quite suprised when the particular verse just stood out to me.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see" on the powerpoint screen.

(yes, sometimes the preacher use visuals for those who have hard of hearing people like me!) :-P

I don't know what it meant, but it brought comfort to me, so I copied the verse into my handphone. I am still waiting for something to happen (which I do not know IS what?, but I am going to just go around and continue my hunt for the camera in the meantime).

Which is the reason why I have to read the bible tonight. I realise that I have not been praying for my needs so much these days....

Comments

Popular Posts