More than conquerors.

Deviating from the main topic....

*Protest!* *Protest!* *Protest!*

Dear Father, forgive me for doubting You.

Anyway, just had some problems with the results for my final course. I almost HAD a SHOCK earlier when I went to check the results for my course. I had been e-mailing my lecturer who was marking my course for the results, but to no avail as she did not even open, nor check the countless e-mails I have sent since Dec 06.

So I started my mates on a praying rally. Week after week, I asked them to pray for the same thing over and over again. I can't believe the computer had the nerve to give me an F for my course, when I knew that I had put in the effort for it.

Initially, the whole "Fail" thing was looming over my head, when I then noticed that the computer had some errors in terms of calculating the results. If that should be the case, I am predicting that all the students undertaking the same course will be writing in to the Assessment Department to complain about the issue.

Fortunately, I knew another lecturer who re-directed me to the Assessment Dept, and asked me to follow up with the officer in charge. He also managed to find out that my lecturer has since *resigned*!

What utter bad luck.

I know I passed. I am just going to stand my ground on this with the utter silly university computer network typo error!!!

*Smack* *Smack* *Smack* *Smack*

************************************************************************************
Ok, returning to the main topic...

Returning to my home country seems to have brought me back to base with the self impressions, as well as the widening of understanding of the social circle which I have been accustomed to.

Many of the people I know in YA have either left for HomeFellowship, or for another church. There are also quite a number of new members, which I have been quite delighted to meet. Close ones like Katherine are getting married. Some of the old "alliances" have since disintegrated, and yet new ones have since been formed.

I think too, as I have said to a mate, that I think I find myself being able to find an "affinity" with some of the ones I formerly didn't actually seem to. Perhaps my stint overseas has developed an even "drier" sense of humour that I am only just developing. *lol* ;-)

Somehow, my return here has created a new zest and strenghtened the will in me. On my return to Toowoomba, there are few things I have in mind to do. In particular, aspects of my daily life that I have in mind to change. Ones which I know I am capable of, and would like to.

My short stint at the advertising company has developed, & created in me a sense of confidence, in particular to some of the tasks I had undertaken, and on its completion, these few verses came to mind.

The LORD will make you the head and not the tail, and you only will be above, and you will not be underneath, if you listen to the commandments of the LORD your God, which I charge you today, to observe them carefully. Deuteronomy 28:13.

One particular day in Feb 07, I was waiting to go into the house, as my maid was trying to handle the household pet, my white dog which has a particular habit of trying to manipulate every member of the household. I was just merely daydreaming, and this verse just came to mind, like an awakening slap on the face! I was made to understand that the dog is just merely A DOG.

John 8: 30-36 Know the truth, and the truth will set you free.....Jesus replied, " I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if The Son sets you free, you WILL be free indeed.

As I kept meditating on these few verses, I realise that in that momentary flash, I was made to understand the meaning of it. Ones which I had read so much yet not fully understood. Ones which I have been taking for granted all this while.

(If u were wondering......the point is NOT about the bl**dy s*****d dog, but many times we let things like the dog frighten us, that the dog is the one bullying the human, and not the human taking control of the dog)

Which now, I believe should & will have an effect on the way I look at things in my life. Yet my stint at the advertising company has "sparked" a desire in me to learn even more about work organisations and businesses. And yes, my pending career. One, which I shall share in time.

Just the other day, I was listening to this discussion about investment plans during one of my nightly outings. I was surprised I was actually able to survive through the entire discussion (without falling asleep). For most, this is a rather abstract and dry subject, as you'd really have to stop & focus intently to extract the key words and elements from the discussion.

Yet, this came hand-in-hand with what I have learnt of the investment companies that I have to come to know of along my way in the past few weeks (during the expo), as well as my understanding of investment terms like mutual funds, rate of returns, risks, which ordinarily would have automatically made me tune out in the past!

Somehow yet, I sense a new sense of direction and change with all this that has come to past.

Comments

Popular Posts