Would I marry Wang Lee Hom?

For the record, that is a rhetorical question.

(Yeah yeah...I know how some of my friends who totally think his music is crap, but hei, at least he tries...). Just like how some may have preferred Nita over Daniel, but that's another blog entry all together. However for the record, yes, I would vote for Nita.

As I said, I was going through the interviews, and the most informative ones were the one hosted by CNN Talk Asia (Lorraine Hann) and the one hosted in Thailand.

Now, would I marry someone like Wang Lee Hom? As for the rumours that he is GAY, for the time being (whether he is or not) for the purpose of this entry, I will assume that he is a red-blooded, heterosexual oriented homosapien. Also for the purpose of this blog, the perspective here is given and deduced from the information seen and heard from the interviews as stated as above.

So, let's try to deconstruct his personality as per the information given...

1) He's a quiet person. Music is an avenue where a person can immerse themselves in without having actually to utilize their interpersonal skills.(Meaning that they don't actually have to talk).

I will take the example of my housemate, YK and SY as an example. SY has been part of the band ever since high school, and she travels with the band to other countries to perform. YK plays the piano for the church.(2 churches in fact) However, the similarity between them is that they are both very quiet and prefer the company of their own friends. Although YK and I were living in the same house, we didn't talk to each other for almost 5 months.....!

Oh, but he is a performer and he surely has to talk a lot and entertain others, most people will say. Well, having a passion for music, performing, and singing is something that a person enjoys doing. But having a passion for music, does not entail them to utilize their interpersonal skills or means that they like being the lifewire of a party.

Yes, he dances. Yes, he sings. Yes, he entertains. But that does not mean he has to engage in conversation. (You know, when you have to crack your head to think of conversational topics and actually engage in a 2, or 3-way conversation for a period of time). In fact, YK is one of the quietest persons I know even with his passion for playing the piano (and computer games & movie downloading).

Lee Hom definitely strikes me as a person like Steph than Jiaren. It's a bit hard to explain it, because as I have always said before, using myself as an example, although a person may appear to be a "life-wire" or that people have always known me as the person whose "voice precedes her presence", that is only the image that a person allows others to see. Whether a person is actually a life-wire is a totally different thing altogether.

Am I right?

2) He will always be abroad. This is almost similar to having a Long-Distance Relationship, even after marriage. I think the question is whether a wife can handle her husband being away all the time. This is definitely not an easy question. However, I think that if I feel a man is putting in effort and commited to the relationship, and has stated on early in the relationship that he will not always be at home, the woman has to understand his kind of job entails that he travels.
Something like what is happening to Aunt. Joan at this point of time. Husband in China. Grown up children in Australia.

3) His female fans.
I think that all young female fans go through a developmental phase of going ga-ga over their favourite singer in their teens. After a while, they get over this phase as they start going to college, find a bf (ESPECIALLY the bf part) and look for a job.

The "infatuation" part is only for those who have too much time in their hands. My advice: go start your own blog and write poems.

4) His Career: He has began building his career at the age of 17. He is 31 years of age now. Yes, I believe that a man should put his career first...(except after marriage!). Coz he'd have to learn how to prioritize between giving time to both his career and his family as well.
I have no complaints about a person's career.

5) His accent:
Truth be told, my ears are getting painful from trying to learn and listen to the Australian accent. I mean, who in the world (except in Australia) pronounces cow as "Keao"??

"THe Keao is in THe GARden". (the cow is in the garden)... *YIKES*.
I definitely prefer listening to the American accent.

6) His faith: Ok, that is like the core most issue for me. But who knows what faith he is, right??

My verdict: Well, I can theorize. I can assume. I can pose this rhetorical question on the blog. However, the probability of me meeting someone like Wang Lee Hom (in Australia) is almost close to nil. I mean, I haven't even met anyone here except........

What do I actually think? I would probably consider giving someone like him a go. Of course, if I had to wonder about the issues of privacy and confidentiality, I would move to a place where I could get some. Ha ha ha.

So there!

Comments

Popular Posts