South Korea: Joygesa Temple & Gyeong Buk Gung Part I

Actually I had visited the National Museum in Korea before the New Year, but I didn't want to bore you guys about "boring" stuff that you guys may not be so interested to read. That itself took up quite a number of hours in the museum itself.. I thought I'd never find the Museum with my lack of Korean skills, but I did..

Anyways, for this entry, I'll be sharing the continuation of my Seoul trip..

On this day, Jo helped me to pay via the ATM for this tour.

TOUR Name: TOUR 8 Full Day Tour
Minimum Pax:
1
Time Required:
09:00-17:00
Fee:
\76,000p/p (On Thursdays Changdeokgung Palace Tour is \12,000 extra.

Including Lunch: Korea Traditional Food)
Course:
BlueHouse(Pass By) - Gyeongbokgung Palace (Deoksugung Palace on Tuesdays) - National Folk Museum (Royal Museum on Tuesdays) - Jogyesa Buddhist Temple - Ginseng Center - Lunch - Changdeokgung Palace (Changgyeong Palace on Mondays) - Insadong Antique Shop Alley - Amethyst Factory - Namdaemun Market



The trip started (not following the itinerary as above) with taking the cab to Jogyesa Buddhist Temple. It is located in Gyeonji-Dong, Jongno-Gu. The Jogyesa Temple was established in 1395, and the reasons you can still see Hanja (Chinese script) on its Main Entrance side panel structures was because the Hangul script was not invented until 1444 by King Sejong The Great. Before that, all script was written in Hanja.

Joygesa Temple:
IMG_0339

Joygesa Temple_0335

Joygesa_0336
Taken in front of the Joygesa Temple steps.

Then off we headed to Gyeong Buk Gung Palace....

GBG_0346

GBG_0345
Main entrance to Gyeong Buk Gung.

GYB_0347
The Political Arena for Gyeong Bok Gung where all discussions in the past were once made. ^^

Gyeong B.Gung_0354
Gyeong Buk Gung.

Near the Folk Museum GBG_0359
Guess which year I was born in? Outside the National Folk Museum in GBG.

Gyeong Buk G_0363

Ancestral Tablet home near Gyeong Bok Gung_0364
A typical prototype of an Ancestral Altar/House. Normally found outside a person's residence.

Scout Tower in front of GBG_0369
One of the Scout Tower that still stands guarding. ^^

Comments

Popular Posts