My First Guitar: An Acoustic Caraya

So today, we were at Eastwood suburb (About 20+ mins from Sydney by train). The area is made up of predominantly asian ethnic groups- the majority being Korean & Chinese.

I've been wanting to get a guitar since I decided not to enrol for another language course at TAFE.

At the shop, there were a number of brands, but YAMAHA was expensive, with prices starting at Aud450 minimum...

The shop looked like a typical music shop in a suburb area- not too fancy, with not much decor- and not much advertising. Hence, that is how they keep prices low.

My housemate and I finally settled on a non brand, an acoustic Caraya at AUD280. The salesperson/owner threw in the guitar stand for AUD20 (NP AUD30.) and a pack of strings+ picks+ guitar bag+ amplifier adaptor cable (for the amplifier outlet). + 1 Free Lesson (worth AUD50- in Aussie terms).

GRAND TOTAL: AUD300.00

That just means less AUD300 to use for the next few weeks to come...

PAYMENT TERMS?
I paid using cash withdrawn from the ATM. I'd like to have paid using credit card, but being the shrewd asian business minded person I was, I know he'd have to pay bank charges for that, and being a korean shop at that, the owner would most likely not be in the mental predisposition to agree to a discount.

But I knew, he may be generous in handing out "freebies" from available ware, to make for the 'less than stellar discount' which is what I was aiming for.

Which, as you have seen, did end in that direction. ^^

Will post up a picture of the guitar later.. Now just trying to learn how to hold the guitar and play 3 three beat- Silent Night, and Edelweiss.. LOL

Comments

Popular Posts