Rusty Mandarin Skills

The strangest thing has happened in the last two weeks.

 At least it happened as a result of my korean housemate taking up Mandarin classes at TAFE.She was busy tracking persons at the nearby Anglican church who had an aptitude for the Mandarin language.  As a result, I have had to also draw from my 'half pail water' of limited Mandarin vocabulary which is almost rusty from long extensions of non usage :P

Now, my Mandarin skills aren't the strongest, with Cantonese being the more active of both.Hence, this week, I ended up being:
-called by my Mandarin name (which hasn't happened in a long time) to someone from China,
- speaking in Mandarin/Cantonese/English to a Singaporean,
- speaking/singing with the Singaporean in Mandarin/Cantonese/English to someone from China,
- and denying vehemently in Mandarin that I could understand any Mandarin to a whole bunch of
Mandarin/English speakers.

LOL. Ok, now I have to work on memorizing the 150 odd most used korean vocab words in time for the TOPIK( Test of Proficiency in Korean) beginner level exam at UNSW in two weeks time! Oh, you mean you didn't know I was studying korean? Please backtrack to previous posts in the archive.

Thanks!
---- Sent from my 3 mobile Nokia E71








Comments

Popular Posts