My day at Galaxy World.

So recently I bought five vouchers off Jump On for an arcade Galaxy World in the Sydney CBD at Haymarkets.

I get
-an hour of continuous play time on the card,
- 5 Aud worth of tokens (for token machines),
- 2 x bumper ride car rides,
- and a pizza and 600ml coca cola drink with it.

And all for 8Aud, which is seriously really cheap.

Mondays have so far been my days off, and today was too.

Today was my third time at the Galaxy World, trying out their video arcade street racing games.

The first time I tried on a really retro machine which was about three weeks ago, from Daytona. For that model, the car kept going out of control when I drove. I abandoned ship on that one.

All the machines were from Japan, and I realised that the newer range of arcade games had better wheel/sensor technology, and control of the car was better. The producer of the ones I tried seem to come from Namco Bandai.

There was one model with really good visuals, with huge screen and almost 3D like style screen. However instructions were fully in Japanese! So I abandoned ship on that one too.

Today I finally decided to try manual/stick transmission on the machines, and I'm glad I did. it was definitely better control of the cars, and manual, and faster start ups, and easier to control/maneuver on steep roads.

I ended up going back to a Bandai Namco model which I tried last week, but was less visually stunning, but still had the option that
- allows customising of cars from a number of car manufacturers range. I chose the cars from Mazda.

It also allows
- opting for competition racing against some youngsters, which had up to 4 linked players.
- however it was only limited to racing circuits in japan,which wasn't a problem anyways.

That particular model somehow seem the most popular range of all with loads of youngsters watching on.

Every of the players I noticed were on manual transmission, which does provide better controls of the car. Some of the route tracks were really tricky, with each turn a steep turning that left everyone complaining how crazy it was.

But all in good fun.

Sent from my Nokia phone.

Comments

Popular Posts