Journal: When God closes the door, He opens a window.

As I write this, I am actually laying on my bed after having done the dinner dishes.

Tonight I am not out at my weekly Cell Group with the other members as I dont feel physically well enough to be driving around the streets on my own.

After my trip to Bangkok, I had a massive sore back after taking the bus from Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur.

Now I dont know what happened, but it seemed that the bus ride triggered my body to experience a massive sore back for the last two weeks.

This isnt the first time this has happened with the sore backs. The first time it happened in April this year, I went for tit tar. However this second time around, I decided not to head to the tit tar si fu.

The services of the tit tar si fu doesnt come cheap either. One appointment with him for less than ten mins and some herbal concoction costs Rm100 in consultation fees.

I could barely get up from bed in this last week, and it was only in the last two days that I didnt need to hold myself to the support of the chair to push myself out of bed.

I have to miss out on any forms of swimming, running, jumping and physical activities till my back is better.

The only thing on my mind now is: I am so thankful to God that I am still alive. Which leads us to the topic of my entry today.

Sometimes there are things that happen in our lives. . . It may take a while for us to eventually reach that place. Perhaps God knew I needed a nasty nudge to get me to stop playing in the miry quicksand and slowly trudge along to safety.

Much has happened in the last two years. Some of the persons whom I used to correspond with the last six years didnt make it through to this year.

Making new friends and knowing when to step away is necessary to keep one's mind sane. and yet again, sometimes its our new friends that keep us sane in our times of need.

Whatever that happens, I will continue to give praise to the Lord for all things that have, and will happen. I will never know what plans He has in mind for me, but I am sure it is definitely much better than what I can plan for myself. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts