Carrots, and Beetroot.

With the weather heating up much recently in Melbourne for summer, I decided to recently dig out my crops. 

Among the crops were carrots that I had grown from cut carrot-tops, and beetroot seeds over the winter months.

As this was my first time growing them, and with the differing information online that I found, I was not really sure what to expect. It was however a pleasant find to know that many carrots can be grown from just carrot tops, and beetroot can be grown from just seeds.

It is just a matter of time, and consistently watering and feeding them with nutrients.
Organically grown carrots from carrot tops in a pot.

Home grown beets from seeds. 

 Recently I was also made the unofficial "gardener" at school. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I was probably the only staff on board who knew even anything about gardening techniques and planting methods.

This are beets from the school's garden. 

A full sized beet in all its glory of leaves, and seeds (overdue for harvesting!) 
Beetroots seem to be quite pricey in Malaysia the last I checked many years ago. I guess if you could find the seeds, you could be able to easily grow them, I figure?

These carrots and beets were grown during the winter months.Since I haven't tried planting them in Malaysia, I would not be able to give you a definite answer.


Comments

Popular Posts