June 2019: Six weeks update at my new home.


Atlas, our little black puma cat. 
Thor, the gray tabby cat with white socks. 

Today is the Queen's Birthday. More than six weeks have passed since I moved out of my family home. 

The cats have started get used to living in the garage. They no longer come to my window sill to look for me in the mornings. I take that as a good sign that they are starting to get independent and have made this new place their home. 

Thor still gives me signs that he wants to spend time with me, though Atlas is more free-spirited and explores mostly on his own. 

I have to admit that I have not really been spending much time with them since I started my new job. It is a full time position, where I have a permanently rostered shift and start at the same time every morning. 

The last two weeks have not been the easiest. I had some family issues to deal with, and a run-away cousin. Being his only relative in Australia, there was a lot of pressure on me to manage him, and I just wanted to sit on the fence.

Blood family relations are always a tricky affair to navigate, especially when it is not really your responsibility to deal with in the first place. It was a learning and eye-opening experience to see what people's real motives are when they are finally revealed, and nothing is ever as it seems.

For now, I just want to focus on getting myself settled in my new job and giving it my very best. I would like God to finally send me a real-life partner, but I get that He will do it in his own time.. probably let's try sticking to a low-carb diet and a fitness regiment that I will get myself busily distracted fit whilst I also put my social skills to practice.

Comments

Popular Posts