Matthew 10:37-38.

Matthew 10:37-38 states:
"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me".

Yet again, Luke 12:51-53 states:
"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each ohter, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law".

William Fay states in his book that "when you surrender your life to Christ, it may cost you every relationship you have. You truly have to die to yourself, follow Christ and leave your loved ones behind".

This is the price I'm paying. I made the decision, and I'm carrying the Cross. But there is no greater reward that is more fulfilling and satisfying than obeying the commandments and standards that have been laid out for me and knowing the reward that stands before me at the end of my life.

I have my principles. I have my faith. And I have my beliefs. I know that I would not settle for anything less than what I deserve, nor would I settle for any substandard treatment.

How can people have respect for me, if I don't have respect for myself?
Yet again, if I don't speak up for what I believe in, but only much later, people would lose whatever respect for me because I was too weak to speak up on it.

I pray that He will help me see this, and give me strength when I need it most, and as he has said to Peter, "Devil, get behind me!".

1 Corinthians 10:13 states;
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Comments

Popular Posts