With this ring, I thee keep a covenant with God and you.

A letter to my future husband:

Have you been waiting for me too? I wonder where are you too?
I know that you would find me one day, as I too will find you too. After reading Josh Harris' inspiring story of how he and his wife met and this story, I too have been inspired that the best thing to do would also be to wait for you too.

I too, like IreneQ, have decided that I shall get a ring which shall be a symbol of this covenant on this date, May 3, 2005. I shall wear it on my 4th finger, and remove it only when you, my husband finally claim me for yourself, on the day that you shall ask me to marry you.

This ring shall be a symbol of my covenant to God and to you, that He will keep & guard my heart, and
my purity as I wait for you. It is the symbol of my covenant and trust that I shall wait upon the Lord that He will finally bring us together.

How happy the day would it be when I did finally meet you. That we knew not you were the one for me, nor was I. But He, the Lord, had His good plans for both us, that He would finally bring us together.
Oh, how happy that day shall we be when we shall be united together, for we would have waited patiently for each other knowing that we were made for each other as the Lord has planned it for us.

As I wait for you, I know that God will change me to become the kind of woman that will not only be after His Heart but to be ready when I do finally meet you.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
She will do him good and no evil all the days of her life.
..... Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to coem.
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
"Proverbs 31:10-31


I know that you will be the godly man that He will approve of, and who loves Him.
One that will protect and love me in the manner that you speak, and act and do.
One who I could look up to and follow after.
One who would bring up our children in a godly manner, never provoking them, but bringing them up in the wisdom and fear of the Lord that they will praise us for loving and bringing them up!

Praise the Lord for what He will bring to us and He will bring us together!

Your beloved darling,
Chea Yee.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What it could be useful for?
Anonymous said…
hehe =)

Popular Posts