I will be unharmed.

Why do bad situations happen to people?

That is the question that I was asking myself today. Why couldn't God have given me favour with people the way He did with Joseph, even when he was sold to Egypt as a slave, or when he was in prison? Why did things have to turn out the way they did for me?

But tonight as I reviewed over the things that have happened in the last two days with my housemate, she reminded me of the scene in Evan Almighty where God appeared to Evan Baxter's wife telling her that God doesn't make happy families, where fuzzy warm feelings come instantaneously, but instead He gives people opportunities and situations to work things out to become stronger and more loving families.

I realised that perhaps God wanted me to become stronger through this situation of my pract. For me, having a fear which is very binding is probably the reason why He made me go through this really tough situation. Even before I knew what was going to happen on Thursday, He had already given me warning on that morning itself.

He's brought so many of my mates at church to pray for me even without me asking them to. People who are volunteering to come in and stand up for me at uni is another thing which has happened without my speaking up. Things which do not happen on their own accord, and my housemate reminds me that people do not & would not do this out of the goodness of their hearts.

I am not incompetent. I am not stupid. I just need to work through this fear. For I know that I am His Child. I know He will stand up for me because He loves me.

Isaiah 43:1-2,4.
But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

Comments

Popular Posts