Reflection: My trip to Singapore.


In Singapore- ChinaTown during the Mid-Autumn festival.

It's been a while since I had left the country. I officially returned to Malaysia in the last week of January this year, after I had been away from the country for over two years after leaving for Australia to complete the remainder of my undergrad studies in Toowoomba in 2007.

How was Singapore?

I headed during the Raya holidays late September. I was lucky to get cheap flights on Tiger Airways.

My trip was initiated due to someone in my social circle, but for reasons unknown, decided to pull out of the trip, leaving me to fly there on my own. Obviously I had squabbles with her over it, but I shall not dwell on it further..  it was definitely not a good feeling, I must tell you. To that in future, I would have to take suggestions from similar and like characters with a pinch of salt.


Truth be told, it feels a bit funny to be paying for purchases for products where the currency is about three times of the currency where you are getting your payroll from, and its only walking distance between paying for it in Malaysian Ringgit , or Singaporean dollar.

Not to mention, that almost everything is almost similar. If it I were in Australia, or South Korea, it would be a totally different feel altogether.

Going to Singapore on my own was definitely an eye opener. It did give me a funny feel to fly on my own to Singapore.. from Malaysia. I know I have been travelling on my own, by myself throughout South Korea, and Japan, but its different when you know that there is someone at the end of your destination to come and meet you at the airport, or to show you around.

I was supposed to meet a local Singaporean friend from university, but that did not work out.

Oh well, we shall see how it works out when I finally rummage through the group tours as I plan for my year end holiday trip overseas.

Comments

Sherry said…
you dont look like 30.
CheaYee said…
Thanks.. I hope I don't look 30 either!!

Popular Posts