16 Jun 2012

Day 3, 3rd June: Singapore

[this post is a little late as its been hibernating in my draft section]

On Sunday morning, I wanted to head to Botanic Gardens to enjoy the serenity there. That obviously did not come into fruition....again.

I ended up leaving Jurong East flats and had morning tea at 8.45am. By the time I was done, it almost 9.45am, and it took a good 40 minutes from Jurong East to Harbourfront by MRT.

Finally met the elusive Eric, elder brother of Jason who resides in the Lion City. (psst!! He is darn good looking just like his sisters, but we don't need to tell him that, do we? ^_^ )

I passed him some heavy HDDs (LOL... Private joke.) Eric then brought me to check out some restaurants at VIVO City, which I then had to choose between a 'sam sui' (three water) soup restaurant, but my preference leaned towards the pictures of the menu on the Dian Xiao Er wall.

At DXE, Eric ordered a dish consisting of a type of crispy skin duck, kai lan, soy fish, and peanut-ishy soup of some sort, chrysanthemum tea (that came in glasses), and rice.

I was initially tempted to try the 'sam shui' place as that is my ancestral Canton village, but nah....The food at Dian Xiao Er was not bad. The bill came up to SGD60ish. Thanks, Eric!

Note: Din Siew Yee, is a cantonese word. I'm not sure about it in mandarin, but if u watch cantonese dramas, thats what they used to call the waiters/ waitresses in the canton areas. So I'm guessing the food in this place is of cantonese origin too.

Eric accompanied me till my companions arrived.

In the afternoon, Shuh Yong, ex-housemate and I headed towards Sentosa Island.

Sentosa Island:
Admission: 3 SGD (including Express Sentosa train fare.)
Evening Pass 28.90SGD.

We went in through the train to go into
Sentosa. We took a walk by foot and was sweating buckets....

*I was almost fainting to the heat.....*

We then decided to just catch the free tram around the island.

On the last leg before 6pm, we took a bus
that brought us to the Casino. We left the island taking the bus, and then changed our tickets for the cable car access passes.

For rides, we chose the unlimited Skyrides, the Songs of the Sea, and return cable car rides. The Songs of the sea was a short but enjoyable pyrotehcnics 45mins show.

I lost SY after the show (the phone battery died too!) so I took a bus back, as the tickets were with her. I was really tired out, but I wanted to use my Tourist Pass to the max.

Botanic Gardens@ night: Normally people would be home by 9ish pm. Since it was my last night in Singapore, I decided by hook or by crook, to make a trip here. I alighted from the yellow Circle Line and made my way to the garden.

The place is lighted up with many street lamps. There were even groups of people having picnic on the grass. A buggy with security drove around the park to ensure nothing untowards would happen. I really like the calm there and would go again if I have the chance.

I boarded the Jurong East red line train again, and FB chatted with Bryan as I continued the ride, and he told me the interesting spots on it (he lives along the red line).

By the time I reached Jurong East, it was already 11.30pm, and was totally zonked out.

That was a totally well spent Sunday. ^^

No comments: