My thoughts on using Facebook

Today I'm going to take a break from blogging my thoughts on Facebook, and instead do it here in my blog.

Facebook has become such a huge part of our lives in the past five years, that everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon.

When I initially started blogging, we used yahoo geocities in the late 1990s. This went all the way, till at least Facebook hit the scene.

Blogging trends moved from blogs to Facebook... As much as I want to close my eyes and pretend that Facebook doesn't exist, unfortunately that's like hiding your head in the sand when the world continues to evolve at amazing speeds. 

What I've noticed recently is that Facebook can be broken down into three different segments, or parts. 

There is the FB Page, where people out their businesses on it. Then there is the normal FB profile of the users. Last, but not least, there is the newest bit which is the FB Messenger. 

Each of these segments can be used independently from each other, which actually I realise, makes life a little more pleasant.

In the event that I only want to use the FB Messenger, or just the FB Page for work, I can do so without accessing the main FB app, where I can get lost in the endless newsfeed updates from all the people on my contact list.

I have one thing to say. As much as FB is a 'personal page', it is not a place to air our private thoughts. 

The best place is still to write it out in a diary with a pen, and paper, where no one can hack it or disagree with you or engage with you in a fight. (Taken from Kingsman, the movie. Lol). 

Not everyone will agree with our thoughts, be it on FB or on our blogs. That is just the reality of what the world is.

Comments

Popular Posts