Forgiveness: dealing with the heart.

Festive seasons can be times of bane..... today an incident whilst at a mate's home reminded me of my time at junior high.

I was searching through my blog, and found my previous entry on someone that took me a long time to forgive, with a similar tale of what happened to me all those years ago. Of course, the difference between both tales are that one happened to a person when they are much older, and one who was still growing up.

I remember the words of the Bible where we learn to let these incidents pass as we grow older & wiser.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. I Corinthians 13: 11-12


Of course now, the way I would deal with it is that I would probably directly bring up the issue with the person... instead of beating about the bush. My way would probably be to ask the person if they have an issue with me, and get it settled with instead of pretending that I do not know.

I really don't have all the time in the world to play games, you know?

Comments

Popular Posts