Holidays: Planning my holidays for South Korea and Japan. (2008)

Barely much, if you may say.

After countless sleepless nights of planning (which really didn't amount to much), I have a bare idea of where I will be going. I finally received an answer from Haruna, my friend who is living in Hakata Island (or Fukuoka for the uninitiated) last night.

So yes, this is a skeleton of my plans when I head to Korea on the 28th.

28th Dec - Fly in to Seoul and reach around evening. The skies should be dark by then, being winter and all there.
29-30th: Touring around Seoul.
31st Dec & 1st Jan- Definitely touring around Seoul as well. Will be staying in with Jo for New Year's Day. There will probably be some special event or plans for that night, so I plan to see how it goes with Jo.

2nd -7th: Have no idea where I will be, but may head to Gyeongju and then only to Busan (which should make the most economical sense).

8th Jan- Definitely have to be in Busan, as I will be meeting Haruna at the port the next evening.
9th- Will be touching ground in Hakata, Japan! Woo hoo.
10th- Hakata, Japan.
11th- Hakata, Japan.
12th- Hakata, Japan. Its Coming-of-Age Day in Japan. A national holiday here where the japanese males and females come of age wearing kimonos and western suits.
13th- Tokyo, Japan.
14th- Tokyo, Japan.
15th- Shimonoseki? Hakata?
Possible going in a clockwise circle from Gyeongju down to Busan and maybe stopping a couple of days in Gwangju? No idea. Definitely have to make some time for Jeju Island as well. We'll see.

Have been doing my research on the internet, but some of the websites are a bit useless, as it gives much detail about travel from Japan to Korea, rather than vice versa, as I am coming from the opposite direction. And also paying in Won, rather than Yen. I definitely doubt I will be having the need for Korea Rail Pass, but T-Money (bus/subway e-money) is definitely useful in Seoul. Japan Rail Pass will be a good idea if Haruna will be using the train a lot. No idea if she drives or not.

Here are some useful links for travelling Korea-Japan:
Japan:
- Travelling Japan
- Hotel Chain Toyoko Inn
- Fukuoka: An Expats' Guide
- Japan Rail Pass

Korea:
- All in one guide: Korea Sparkling
- Wikitravel (informative site, I must say):
South Korea, Gyeongju, Busan, Jeju

Comments

Popular Posts