I have been out of the dating game for almost six years now. Seems that the years just pass like the blink of an eye. So I'm finally getting back into the game.
When I was out at the mall the other day, I picked up this book by the author, Steve Harvey, 'Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man'. He recommends some excellent activities in the getting to know each other stage.
Among those I find of interest are:
1. Go on dates that help you find out each other's interests. if he's into photography, hit up a photography exhibit at your local mall. (sounds like an idea!)
2. Go out for a picnic in the park. (one of my friends was just suggesting this...)
3. Find out each other's favorite artists and attend a concert together.
4. Release your inner kid and spend an evening playing games at an arcade.
5. Have a few 'firsts' together- ice skating rink. (Sunway Pyramid?)
6. Find a quiet place where you can watch the sunset together. (where in KL?)
7. Play a board game. (I haven't done this in years!)
8. Go for a walk under a starlit sky. (That sounds exciting!).
9. Send each other naughty emails... (umm, not too sure about that... LOL)
10. Read a passage out of each other's favorite book. (lemme rummage through mine first...)
11. Have a movie night in which you both bring your favorite DVDs. (another excellent idea.. )
12. Go to a record store and listen to each other's favorite artists. (Lets go to Tower Records...)
13, Challenge each other to do something silly, like build a sandcastle at the beach or a game of marbles.
14. Hit up a comedy show, you can learn a lot about a person by what they find funny and what they think is offensive.